Thursday, August 8, 2013
This was not the first time I have been stung by a jellyfish. I have had so many encounters with jellyfish in my life that I consider myself something of an expert. Once I was stung square in the middle of my back while I was surfing. This jellyfish sting immediately made my ears start to ring, my lymph nodes began to tighten up so much I could barely paddle, and my heart began to beat in a rapid, panicked flutter. I completely understood how people swimming could die from a jellyfish sting. Thank God I was on a surfboard for buoyancy.
(Click on the post title above for more)